Monday, April 4, 2011

18 Baptized on April 3, 2011

A few months ago, our Small Groups Pastor (PJ) told me about a church in North Carolina that had a unique baptism Sunday. It sounded awesome to me!  So, some of our staff members purchased "scrubs" of all sizes and brought plenty of towels and I preached a simple message on baptism and people opened their hearts to the Lord. I must admit that I was shocked when people just kept coming forward to be baptized. Some were people that we have prayed for on many occasions(some for years), and others were new to Oasis.  Some were new believers, others had been saved for years, but never biblically baptized. I noticed that people started coming forward to be obedient only after many believers gathered at the front of the stage and held hands praying.  18 is the most that I have ever seen baptized on one occasion. As if all of this was not enough, 3 people came desiring membership at Oasis and they will be attending our "Next Step Membership Group".  I am so excited! I have called and texted with many Pastor friends, shared the praise on Facebook and around our house it seems to be dominating our conversations.  Last night, Riley (one of our daughters) praised the Lord during her prayer for the 18. I am so glad that our church family is getting to see the hand of God.  Let's celebrate and anticipate more of this as we continue to be obedient as a church. 

Todd West
Lead Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment