Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week 5 ( Day 4)

Day 4- I cannot eat for sighing; my groans pour out like water. What I always feared has happened to me. What I dreaded has come true. I have no peace, no quietness. I have no rest; only trouble comes.” (Job 3:24-26 NLT)

Have you ever had this experience? What you always feared could happen, did happen. What you have dreaded has come, and with it no peace, no quietness, and no rest. If you live long enough, you will experience seasons like these and the fear of things never being normal again can be overwhelming. Job went through a long season of trouble, but let's just here what he told himself throughout his season of trouble

He said,
“I came naked from my mother’s womb,
and I will be naked when I leave.
The Lord gave me what I had,
and the Lord has taken it away.
Praise the name of the Lord!” (Job 1:21 NLT)

Though he slay me, I will hope in him;
yet I will argue my ways to his face. (Job 13:15 ESV)

“But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold. For I have stayed on God’s paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food. (Job 23:10-12 NLT)

Think.. What would you tell yourself during your seasons of trouble?

Pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment