Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fearless Day 3 (Week One)

Day 3- for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7 ESV)

I have noticed in recent years that fear causes me to feel insecure. I began to doubt myself, those around me and even God. When my fear is controlled, I do not feel powerless, but rather I have confidence that God is at work in my situation. I feel power! When fear is kept in check, I can love others because I am not so consumed with what is going to happen in my life. I am not selfish. I have love! When fear is under control, I am under control. I am free to give more thought to my choices and resist temptation. I have self control! The Holy Spirit is the one who helps us conquer our fears. As we seek God daily, during our times of study, prayer and meditation, the Holy Spirit transforms our mind with with the proper perspective for the challenges we will face that day.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23)

Think... What fear is making you feel powerless, keeping you from loving, or causing you to lose control?

Take time to pray...










No comments:

Post a Comment