Friday, August 19, 2011

Fearless (Day 5) Week 2

Day 5 - He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. (Matthew 10:39 NKJV)

Releasing control of our life and our plans to God can be a fearful event for us. Surrender is not a common act in our culture which promotes living independently. When making a decision, it seems we turn to people, current cultural trends, secular books and programs, and whatever ideas we can develop instead of seeking the God who created us. This verse, which happens to be one of my favorites tells us that "when we find our own life, we lose it". Chasing after any plan other than Gods will just waste time and energy and bring loss in our lives. However, when we surrender to Gods plan, we find a life of peace and purpose. On so many occasions, God has led me to trust in an idea that did not make sense to me at the time, but later I was able to see how he safely guided me to the right place in life. "He who loses his life for my sake will find life". You can never go wrong giving up your plans to live out his plan.

Think.... What decision are you facing today, and what steps having you been taking to find the solution? What could you do to discover Gods plan and to increase your faith to trust him?

Pray....

No comments:

Post a Comment