Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fearless (Week 1) Day 2

Day 2- Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:31 ESV)

We worry about the "what if's" in our life. What if.... The problem with "what if's" is that most of the time they never happen and even if they do will God forsake us? If suddenly, our fears come true and our life heads in reverse, will we have to face it alone? Every morning I see the birds in my yard flying, eating, feeding their young, building their nests, singing and playing. Morning after morning God provides for them. Our verse says, "you are more valuable than many sparrows". Listen...

I have been young, and now am old,
yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken
or his children begging for bread. (Psalm 37:25 ESV)

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 ESV)

The fear of man lays a snare,
but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe. (Proverbs 29:25 ESV)

By the way, I saw the birds in my yard again today.

What fear are you battling today?

Think.... In the presence of God, think about your fear and about these verses. Allow God to speak into your life and share your thoughts with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment