Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fearless (Day 4) Week 3

"I lift up my eyes to the hills.  From where does my help come?

My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in

The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.
   from this time forth and forevermore." (Psalm 121)


It's great to know that at different times in our lives we have friends who "have our back".  They'll be there in a moments notice if we need them.  But what about when they can't be there.  What about the times in our lives when they can't understand what it is we're going through.  What about the times when fear takes hold in our heart and we don't know what to do next.  This passage of the book of Psalms is a great reminder to me about where my help comes from each day of my life.  There are two things I want us to see out of this passage.


1. My help comes from the Lord.  And to be even more specific, He is the one who created everything around us.  When we remember that He set the stars in motion and holds it all in place, we can have confidence in the fact that He can handle what we have going on in our lives.  We can have confidence to face each day with a strength that can only come from Him.  Not only does my help come from the Lord ...


2.  He will keep me through each step I take (my going out and coming in).  God is always watching over us.  In Jeremiah 29:11, God tells us, "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  God knows each step we take and is there to guide us through each step.  He has a plan and that plan includes Him being actively involved in our lives.  When we  know that God "has our back" we will be confident.  


You have something today that you need God to show up and not only help you, but take you through each step.  We can do all things through Christ (Phil 4:13). Ask Him to not only make you aware of your options and have the boldness to be different, but also ask Him to help you Be Confident in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment