Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fearless Week 4 (Day 2)

Day 2 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 ESV)

When facing your fears and challenges it always helps to have a godly person backing you. God works through others to give us courage, wisdom and endurance to overcome what we are facing. The verses today remind us that God puts people in our lives to bring reward, lift us up, and to keep us from breaking.

For years, I saw it as a weakness to reach out to others when I was struggling. I thought that admitting my fears would make me weak as a leader at home and in the church. I have discovered that being genuine with others actually gains their respect and draws me nearer to them. When I include others in my battles, I am stronger and more confident.

What is your greatest challenge for today?

What person/persons has God placed in your life that could help you as you face this battle?

No comments:

Post a Comment